Below are some reminders to help you out on your quest…
- YOU MUST BUY THE BOOK. Your purchase will automatically register you as an official Searcher for the Hope Chest.
- If you do not purchase The Hope Chest, you will not be qualified to receive the cash grand prize—even if you are the fortunate person who finds the treasure capsule.
- No part of the Hope Chest treasure hunt will bring you within 5 miles of Cris Dotson’s home. Trespassers on his property will be subject to arrest and fines.
- Do not damage anyone’s property. Be respectful to others, to the environment, and to its wildlife!
- You will have to dig up the treasure capsule once you have located its specific burial spot. Bring a shovel!
- Using a metal detector will not help you find the treasure capsule. Neither the capsule nor its contents contain detectable metals. Save yourself the trouble of lugging around a metal detector during your search!
- The treasure is not buried inside, beneath, nor in the immediate proximity of a man-made structure.
- The four tags are color-coded, and you must locate them in order: green, red, blue, and black. Once you locate the black tag, your next objective is to solve the poem provided and find the treasure capsule.
- Do not remove or deface any of the four tags, or you will be disqualified.
- Do not share any of the tag passcodes with other Searchers on social media, or you will be disqualified.
- The treasure capsule contains a few valuable items, including some cash in case you need gas or food, or to use at your disposal for safety concerns. One essential item is a laminated card with instructions for contacting Cris Dotson directly.
- You must provide photographic evidence that you have personally visited each location of all four tags. Entering the passcodes alone will not suffice to make you eligible. Cris Dotson wants to you enjoy the thrill of the chase… to learn, to inquire, and to EXPLORE!
- Once you have confirmed these requirements, you will be the proud finder of the Hope Chest—and will be awarded the cash grand prize as valued at that time on the website ticker.
- Be safe, be smart, and good luck!